Day 1: Chiang Mai – Mae Wang National Park – Mae Sarieng
- Pick up from your hotel and take the lesser travelled route to Mae Wang National Park in Doi Lor, a small quiet town approximately 1.30 hrs.drive away for visit Pha Chor and Kew Sua Ten,Thailand Grand Canyon.
- Rock sculptures at Pha Chor and Khew Sua Ten are a natural phenomenon of eroded soil pillars. It is believed that this used to be the Ping River watercourse. When the river changed route the site became a hill from the river sediment that piled up into layers. When time passed, it eroded and became cliffs and soil pillars of strange shapes.
- The passing of time can change the topography of a place and can create wonderful things.
- Pha Chor pillars are thirty meters high around a canopy of forest and covers a large area.
- “Pha Chor and Kew Sua Ten” is still unknown and unseen in Thailand.
- Take mini trek about two hours to see and explore beautiful nature at Pha Chor and Kew Sua Ten
Picnic lunch in the jungle area among the embrace of the nature.
- After visiting Pha Chor we will drive to Mae Sarieng
- Mae Sariang is a charming and quiet town in Mae Hong Son province. The town is relatively unknown to the majority of tourists and is situated in a lovely valley surrounded by the rice fields, in a very productive farming community.
- On the way we will make stops for you to experience local lifestyles and see the people selling their vegetables, mushrooms and insects, depending on the season.
- Stay overnight at Mae Sarieng River House
- Dinner at Local Restaurant (Thai BBQ)
Day 2: One day trip to explore Salawin National Park – Myanmar Border
After an easy breakfast at home ,we drive along winding mountain roads passing through stunning vistas. After about an hour drive we arrive at Mae Sam Laeb a Thai – Myanmar border village. The village is inhabited by Burmese and Karen people and you will feel and experience the Burmese culture. This village is inhabited by Burmese and Karen People and when you are here you will feel Burmese culture.
- Visit Border School.
- Take a boat trip down Salawin river which divides Myanmar and Thailand. Along the way there are views of impressive mountains and the riverbanks which form the border between the two countries.
- Visit Ban Tha Ta Fang Karen Village, then return back by boat to Mae Sam Laeb village
Lunch at local restaurant on the border
- After lunch we drive back to hotel to relax
- Free at leisure in the afternoon
- Dinner on your own (Restaurant will be recommended)
Dinner at local restaurant in the village
Day 3: Mae Sariang – Doi Inthanon National Park – Chiang Mai
- Early in the morning, we will to go to the morning market to experience the local people buying fresh food and other products. You will also have the chance to offer food to the local monks on their daily alms procession through the town. (If the village has a ceremony at the temple, we can join the local people there.)
- After breakfast, return to Chiang mai and will enjoy the last beautiful scenic drive.
- Visit Mae Cham Hot Spring
- After Mae Cham Hot Spring, now we will continue our journey along wonderfully natural routes.
- Drive through the farm land and the agriculture of the Hmong hilltribe and stop en route to see the farmer working on their farm.
- Visit Doi Inthanon National Park, this is the highest mountain in Thailand 2,565m high above sea level where you can experience beautiful scenery and stunning waterfalls
- Visit Wachirathan waterfall and Mae Klang waterfal, by far the most beautiful and spectacular waterfall in the National Park
Lunch at local restaurant on the way
- Drive back to Chiang Mai and drop off at hotel.
Creating Unique Touring Experiences
All the touring itineraries on this website have been carefully created by the founder of this website which work in tourism business more than 20 years
However, we understand that every travel experience should be as unique and individual as each traveler. Our consultants are waiting to hear from you so that we can tailor or custom design a Thailand tour to your individual specifications
TOUR DURATION: 3 Days / 2 Nights
TOUR OPERATES: Year Round / On Demand
TOUR PRICE: Available upon RequestRates vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring need
- This tour starts and ends in Chiang Mai. We can pick up and drop off at your hotel, airport or train station in Chiang Mai.
- The details of each day itinerary can be flexible, this allows you for greater opportunity to experience local life along the way.
- The best time to visit is from November – February.
- Size of group, maximum 4 persons.
Our services include:
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- Private Tours and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles.
- English speaking local guide (for other languages supplements applied).
- All entrance fees as indicated in itinerary.
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel or at Chiang Mai International Airport.
Our services exclude:
- Meals other than mentioned above.
- Camera/video entrance fees.
- Personal expenses (drinks, laundry, telephone, tips etc).
- Travel insurance (please see below).
- Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
- Tip is appreciated
More than 30 days before departure: 10% of total tour price
Between 30 and 21 days before departure: 25% of total tour price
Between 20 and 8 days before departure: 50% of total tour price
Between 7 days and 48 hours before departure: 75% of total tour price
Less than 48 hours before departure: 100% of total tour price
Wilai is a professional, experienced, knowledgeable guide, who took care of us from the very beginning of our Golden Triangle tour until we had our boarding passes at the end of our tour.An additional advantage for us was that she speaks perfect Dutch!Jeanine
Dont waste your time searching your way around Chiang Mai and northern Thailand. I can highliy recommend to leave all the planning, thinking and arranging to Wilai. She is a great guide, with excellent English, lovable, cultivated, honest and truly loves her country. We spent a great day exploring the National Park, Waterfalls, the Karen-Tribe and much more. Every minute was a pleasure. We will be back for sure. Thank you Wilai and all the guys who worked with her!Karin
Wilai as our tour guide and her driver picked us up in our hotel in the Mae Rim area. We visited a hilltribe village where we got a glance of how life is for these people. Wilai explained us a lot why these people left their country and she knows a lot about the history of the Karen, Padaung etc. As we visited the village on a sunday we were able to see the children playing with traditional games and enjoying free time. We had also the possibility to talk with some of the women there and we had a close contact to the people of the village. This tour is a must for every visitor of this area and I would recommend to do it with Wilai.Alexandra
Wilai is an excellent guide I have never met before. She is very friendly and helpful. She has deep knowledge in Thai culture and history. The tour arrangement is very flexible especially the lunch. Wilai entertained our request to have Thai food lunch in lieu of buffet. The restaurant is near the Meikong River and facing the border of Burma and Laos. Wilai’s arrangement is wonderful and the food is also delicious. During our visit to long neck village, Wilai tell us the history of the ethnic minority very briefly. The driver is also very nice and helpful. It is an unforgettable tour. I strongly recommended Wilai to be your guide.Edward L