Day 1: Chiang Mai – Mae Wang National Park – Ob Luang National Park
- Pick up from your hotel and take the lesser travelled route to Mae Wang National Park in Doi Lor, a small quiet town approximately 1.30 hrs.drive away for visit Pha Chor and Kew Sua Ten,Thailand Grand Canyon.
- Rock sculptures at Pha Chor and Khew Sua Ten are a natural phenomenon of eroded soil pillars. It is believed that this used to be the Ping River watercourse. When the river changed route the site became a hill from the river sediment that piled up into layers. When time passed, it eroded and became cliffs and soil pillars of strange shapes.
- The passing of time can change the topography of a place and can create wonderful things.
- Pha Chor pillars are thirty meters high around a canopy of forest and covers a large area.
- “Pha Chor and Kew Sua Ten” is still unknown and unseen in Thailand.
- Take mini trek about two hours to see and explore beautiful nature at Pha Chor and Kew Sua Ten
Picnic lunch in the jungle area among the embrace of the nature.
- After visiting Pha Chor we will drive to Ob Laung National Park to stay overnight in the park either in the accommodation from the park or Camping site.
Dinner at local restaurant in the National Park
Day 2: Ob Luang National Park – Mae Sariang
After breakfast contine driving to Mae Sariang.
- Mae Sariang is a charming and quiet town in Mae Hong Son province. The town is relatively unknown to the majority of tourists and is situated in a lovely valley surrounded by the rice fields, in a very productive farming community.
- On the way we will make stops for you to experience local lifestyles and see the people selling their vegetables, mushrooms and insects, depending on the season.
- When arrive in Mae Sariang visit the very famous and unique temples of the city such as Chom Thong Temple which is situated on a high point on the edge of the town and has a stunning view of the town, river valley and beautiful surrounding countryside. (Taking a picture is must here.)
Lunch in Mae Sariang
- Check in at your local Home Stay. A simple bamboo house with fan and private bathroom.
- Wander around the village meeting the local community.
Enjoy your welcome dinner with the family at your Home Stay
Remark: The homestay is located in the small village approximately 2 km. from Mae Sariang.
Day 3: One day trip to explore Salawin National Park – Myanmar Border
After an easy breakfast at home ,we drive along winding mountain roads passing through stunning vistas. After about an hour drive we arrive at Mae Sam Laeb a Thai – Myanmar border village. The village is inhabited by Burmese and Karen people and you will feel and experience the Burmese culture. This village is inhabited by Burmese and Karen People and when you are here you will feel Burmese culture.
- Visit Border School.
- Take a boat trip down Salawin river which divides Myanmar and Thailand. Along the way there are views of impressive mountains and the riverbanks which form the border between the two countries.
- Visit Ban Tha Ta Fang Karen Village, then return back by boat to Mae Sam Laeb village
Lunch at local restaurant on the border
- After lunch we drive back home to enjoy relaxing
Dinner at local restaurant in the village
Day 4: Mae Sariang – Doi Inthanon National Park – Chiang Mai
- We leave the Home Stay early in the morning to go to the morning market to experience the local people buying fresh food and other products. You will also have the chance to offer food to the local monks on their daily alms procession through the town. (If the village has a ceremony at the temple, we can join the local people there.)
- After breakfast, return to Chiang mai and will enjoy the last beautiful scenic drive.
- Visit Mae Cham Hot Spring
- After Mae Cham Hot Spring, now we will continue our journey along wonderfully natural routes.
- Drive through the farm land and the agriculture of the Hmong hilltribe and stop en route to see the farmer working on their farm.
- Visit Doi Inthanon National Park, this is the highest mountain in Thailand 2,565m high above sea level where you can experience beautiful scenery and stunning waterfalls
- Visit Wachirathan waterfall and Mae Klang waterfal, by far the most beautiful and spectacular waterfall in the National Park
Lunch at local restaurant on the way
- Drive back to Chiang Mai and Transfer to hotel.
- This tour starts and ends in Chiang Mai. We can pick up and drop off at your hotel, airport or train station in Chiang Mai.
- One night at Ob Laung NP.with private bedroom, bathroom and air-condition.Two nights at home stay is a simple bamboo house, will have simple bedding with fan, private bathroom with hot shower.
- The details of each day itinerary can be flexible, this allows you for greater opportunity to experience local life along the way.
- The best time to visit is from November – February.
- Size of group, maximum 4 persons.
- Our services include:
- Homestay accommodation with local breakfast.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- Private Tours and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles.
- English speaking local guide (for other languages supplements applied).
- All entrance fees as indicated in itinerary.
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel or at Chiang Mai International Airport.
- Our services do not include:
- International and domestic flights (quoted separately).
- Meals other than mentioned above.
- Camera/video entrance fees.
- Personal expenses (drinks, laundry, telephone, tips etc).
- Travel insurance (please see below).
- Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
More than 30 days before departure: 10% of total tour price
Between 30 and 21 days before departure: 25% of total tour price
Between 20 and 8 days before departure: 50% of total tour price
Between 7 days and 48 hours before departure: 75% of total tour price
Less than 48 hours before departure: 100% of total tour price